Saturday, January 12, 2013

In Which We Begin Again

Welcome folks!

It has been many years since I had a blog. Life has a way of keeping one busy, and if you let it you can quickly find yourself not doing the things you really want to do. That is how I came to find myself  taking an unintentionally long break from writing. A wonderful wife, a hectic job, and more distractions than I can count resulted in very little being written outside the corporate world.

 Last year I decided to change that.  I knew I missed creative writing, but until I started back I had no idea how much. I completed the first book of what will likely be a trilogy, and so far have gotten good feedback from it. I'm currently alternating between editing it and writing book two. With a bit of luck and a lot of persistence, you'll hear more about that in the future.

My other true passion is travel. I love to explore, see new things, and collect new stories as much as I enjoy telling stories. I've been to various spots around the U.S., taken a road trip from Texas to Alaska, travelled around Indonesia, spent some time in Australia, and passed through Japan and Tai Pei. In those places I've been lucky enough to see and do many things that others would not dream of doing. My last blog, many years ago, was a travel blog. This will include much the same. In fact, the decision to start this back up stems from an upcoming trip that will take me and my lovely wife Crystal to Thailand and Malaysia. The journey begins soon, and I look forward to sharing the stories I collect with you. Thanks for tuning in.

No comments:

Post a Comment