Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Thai Trip Pt3 - The Open Water

Okay, so technically this part of the trip isn't Thailand but Malaysia. Langkawi to be exact.  Once we arrive there, we'll spend our time in one of two boats, sailing about doing some diving, snorkeling, free diving, island hopping, and generally enjoying the life of the open sea. Should be amazingly relaxing and I cannot wait. I spent a week on a boat off the coast of Java a few years back and absolutely loved it. This should be just as fun or more.

The boat we'll most likely spend most of our time on is the Silkei. Here's an idea of what it looks like (FYI, my stepmom's the one in the red shirt and white pants):




We may also spend a bit of time on the time on the Lady Kathleen as well. Here's a few shots of it:





Both are supposed to be very comfortable to stay in, and either will get us into some absolutely gorgeous areas. Crys and I are both very excited. Should be a nice change of pace from the freezing temps Austin is currently experiencing. I'm not certain how often we'll be near internet access, but I plan to continue writing these on my iPad throughout the trip, and I'll post them as we get access.

No comments:

Post a Comment